Food Production: Beginnings of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry:
1) Examine the beginning and spread of food-producing economy in West Asia
2) What were the factors that led to the transition form hunting-gathering to food production in southwest Asia?
3) What would you consider to be some of the distinctive features of advanced Neolithic societies in Asia and Europe?
4) What were the causes for the shift from hunting-gathering to food production in early societies of southwest Asia?
5) 2011: Analyse the beginning of agriculture in the world with reference to principal centres of food production.
1) Brian Fagan, People of the Earth. Chapters 8,9 and 10.
2) Gordon Childe, What Happened in History, Chapter 3- Neolithic Revolution
3) History of Humanity Vol I: Chapter 36 From the Beginning of food production to the first state.
4) Graham Clark, World Prehistory in New Perspective. Chapter 2 Part II: Neolithic/Chalcolithic settlement.
5) Robert Wenke, Patterns in Prehistory, Chapter 6: The Origin of Agriculture.
6) Lewis Binford, Archeology in Cultural System. Chapter 16 Post-Pleistocene Adaptation.
7) C. Wesley, The Origin of Agriculture: An International Perspective. Chapter 1: Introduction